Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Illinois Sure Can Pick 'Em


Image: Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich
photo by M. Spencer Green / AP 
 

Former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich heads to prison in Colorado tomorrow.  The second straight Illinois governor to be thrown in jail.  Blagojevich's predecessor, George Ryan, has been in prison since 2007, serving a six-and-a half-year term.  Blagojevich will begin his fourteen-year term tomorrow.  Ryan, a Republican, and Blagojevich, a Democrat, show that corruption knows no party boundaries in the state of Illinois.

Blagojevich ended his televised farewell address today with the words, "I'll see you around."  Not anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I never heard about another governor going to jail! Geez, I knew it was corrupt here, just not that much. I think I moved here right about the time the first guy went to jail. I hate politicians. Is there a way to get power without becoming corrupt? I have to think they must have started out at some point with pure intentions. But, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes! Blago is taking over the news in NW Indiana and Illinois!

    You sure are a much better blogger than I. I have fallen so far behind. I'm going to have to check out that cauliflower recipe. I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these two criminals but rest assured, the politicians that we currently have in power are no better than the ones you're sending to prison. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.