Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

What Can You Make from Two Banana Skins?


A pair of slippers!

No, I don't have a cool banana skin craft for you, but wouldn't banana slippers be great?  After thinking about banana slippers, I found these on the web (designed by Kobi Levi).  They are crazy and fun, but I'd be more inclined toward soft and cozy myself.  Something for slipping around the house.  I may have to try to knit some.


Instead of shoes, I offer food.  We had some sad bananas on the counter this morning, so there was only one thing to do -- banana bread!  When I make banana bread, the son always says, "Why do you make banana bread when carrot cake is so much better?"  Well, the answer, of course, is "Sad bananas."  This is a simple, quick recipe and a great way to use up three over-ripe bananas.  I especially like this recipe because it is also chock full o' nuts.




Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
2 whole beaten eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9x5x3 loaf pan.

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs and bananas.  Mix well.  Sift flour and soda together and add to butter mixture.  Mix well.  Stir in nuts.

Bake at 300 degrees for about 1 hour, 10 minutes.


Printable recipe

To see more Kobi Levi footwear, go to his blog, http://kobilevidesign.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Lol those slippers are great! When my bananas are going bad, I peel them and freeze them for smoothies! They chop up easily even if they're frozen and they add a little extra slush. If you leave the peel on...ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, you are so smart! What a great idea to freeze the bananas. I always use fresh bananas in smoothies; the frozen is a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.